With a keen focus on real estate, public-private financing and renewable energy, Riley Cutner-Orrantia is a forward-thinking real estate attorney who takes a strategic and collaborative approach to each and every deal. Riley's versatility and passion adds an extra level of service to each deal. She keeps every element of a deal organized and ensures her clients are apprised of the essential details at each stage of the transaction.
As a real estate associate, Riley focuses on a wide range of real estate legal issues. She handles high volumes of leasing transactions that includes retail, office, mixed-use and solar leases. She also represents developers and investors in all phases of the commercial real estate cycle – including acquisition, financing, and construction in connection with commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects. Riley has experience advising public agencies and project developers in pursuing alternative project delivery methods, including public private partnerships.
Prior to joining CGS3, she was an associate at the Denver office of Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP, a boutique firm with a nationwide practice, where she cultivated her legal and deal management skills in a variety of transactions including real estate, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects. She has also worked as an associate real estate broker and was a student attorney with Colorado Law Sustainable Community Development Clinic. A rising star in both environmental and legal circles, she worked for Earthjustice and contributed her time to Rio Muchacho Organic Farm.
- Representing one of the nation’s leading life science REITs in connection with numerous projects nationwide including the development of ground lease interests across three city blocks for a world-class, waterfront gateway development in downtown San Diego, California.
- Representing a leading retail-focus real estate group in leasing luxury retail properties throughout the continental U.S. and Hawaii, including a 250,000 square feet retail center with curated fashion and lifestyle boutiques, premier restaurants, art galleries, health and fitness and premium office space.
- Representing one of largest children’s hospitals on the West Coast in the acquisition of a twenty-million-dollar facility.
- Represented developer owner in negotiations with one of the largest electric vehicle charging networks for the lease of property in a shopping center for plug-in electric vehicle charging stations.
- Finalist, “40 under 40,” San Diego Business Journal (2023)
- Recipient, “40 under 40,” SD Metro (2022-2023)
- Recipient, Energy, Environmental and Natural Resources Law and Policy Certificate
- Recipient, Gretchen Wilkinson Center for Natural Resources Energy and the Environment Outstanding Student Award
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law
- Managing Editor, Colorado Natural Resources, Energy & Environmental Law Review
- B.S., Environmental Science, UCLA
- CREW, Advancing Women in Commercial Real Estate, of San Diego, Member
- Career Outreach Committee, Member
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, of San Diego, Member
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Developing Leaders 2022 Mentorship Program, Participant
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member