Six CGS3 Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2021
Tom Crosbie Named “Lawyer of the Year” in San Diego
SAN DIEGO (August 20, 2020) – Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson (CGS3) partner Tom Crosbie has been selected by his peers as “Lawyer of the Year” for Real Estate Law in San Diego in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. In total, six CGS3 partners – Robert (Bob) Bell, Crosbie, Ray Gliner, Phil Jelsma, Dana Schiffman and Craig Swanson – are featured in this latest edition of Best Lawyers®, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process.
This is the marks the 14th year Bell has been listed in the Real Estate category and the 10th in the Construction Law category, while Jelsma and Schiffman have been featured in Tax Law and Real Estate Law, respectively, for 11 years. This is the fourth year for both Crosbie and Gliner to be listed in the Real Estate Law section, and the third year Swanson has been recognized in that same category.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-reviewed publication in the legal profession. Because of the exacting methodology involved, the annual ranking is regarded as the industry’s definitive guide to legal excellence. For three decades, Best Lawyers has become a resource for both lawyers and clients looking for top legal talent.
Bell, Crosbie, Jelsma, Gliner, Schiffman and Swanson all have extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate and tax law:
- Bell focuses his practice on real estate development/construction, investment and brokerage matters. His career spans the spectrum of real estate development, investment, construction and brokerage matters including multi-family, urban infill, mixed-use, hospitality, industrial, retail, office and land transactions.
- Crosbie has extensive experience in a broad variety of commercial real estate areas, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing and construction in connection with commercial, residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects for local, regional and national real estate developers and investors.
- Gliner has represented landlords in various complex lease provisions, including lease takeover provisions, extensive overlapping expansion and contraction rights, and build-to-suit work letter/construction and related commencement date issues.
- Jelsma is chair of the tax practice team at CGS3. He is widely recognized as one of the state’s leading joint venture and tax attorneys, with a 30-year background in real estate exchange transactions, syndications, nonprofit corporations and international tax planning.
- Schiffman is well versed in a wide range of acquisition, development, leasing and financing matters for a variety of commercial real estate projects. His experience includes large portfolio sales, development agreements, CC&Rs, complex ground leases, build-to-suit leases and anchor retail leases.
- Swanson specializes in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of commercial and mixed-use projects, with clients including some of the nation’s leading real estate companies.
About Best Lawyers
Since 1983, Best Lawyers has compiled lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, Best Lawyers in America 2021 is posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3)
CGS3 is a new generation commercial real estate law firm with practice areas covering the full commercial real estate life cycle, including finance, acquisition/disposition, entity formation, tax, development, land use, leasing, distressed asset workouts and dispute resolution. Earning a reputation as one of California’s leading commercial real estate law firms, CGS3 has recruited some of the state’s top real estate attorneys from both large corporate firms and senior in-house positions. CGS3 is located at 12750 High Bluff Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, California 92130 and 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2200, Los Angeles, California 90024. For more information, visit https://www.cgs3.com.
Sydnie Moore (619) 823-8448 / email@example.com