Few attorneys offer the level of expertise that Ray Gliner brings to the negotiation of complex and highly specialized commercial leases and related transactions. Ray's experience allows institutional investors to efficiently and expeditiously come to agreement on lease terms with even the most difficult opposing parties. When representing tenants, he provides thorough but realistic advice that helps expedite the leasing process.
For over 35 years, Ray has represented landlords in various complex lease provisions, including extension options, extensive overlapping expansion and contraction rights, and build-to-suit work letter/construction and related commencement date issues. He has successfully completed major leasing deals totaling more than 10 million square feet over the past decade. His practice also includes property management issues, broker listing and registration agreements, and related contract negotiations. On the tenant side, Ray represents office, industrial and retail tenants in a wide range of lease negotiations and transactions, including pass-through, subleasing and assignment issues, sale-leasebacks, leases with purchase options, and contracts for tenant improvements.
Prior to founding CGS3, Ray was a partner at Allen Matkins where he worked for 28 years. He has participated in numerous real estate industry seminars and conventions and has authored several chapters in the California Continuing Education of the Bar Office Leasing Guide.
- Represented a large private equity fund in large office leases in California, Seattle and Suburban Chicago including multi-building leases to NYSE technology and biotech companies.
- Represented NYSE Real Estate Investment Trust in numerous leases in the San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Seattle markets.
- Represented an international ownership group in a number of large leases to Fortune 500 national defense companies in the San Diego market.
- Represented a regional bank in all real estate transactions regarding its portfolio of over 100 locations in California.
- Recipient, San Diego Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2009-2023)
- Recipient, “Best Lawyers in America – San Diego,” Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2018-2023)
- Recipient, “Top Rated Attorney in Southern California,” ALM Global, LLC (2023)
- Recipient, “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine (2021)
- Recipient, “Top Attorney,” Real Estate and Construction Transactional, San Diego Daily Transcript (2010-2012)
- Recipient, AV Preeminent Rating, Real Estate / Real Property Law, Martindale-Hubbell
- J.D., University of California, Berkley, School of Law at Boalt Hall
- B.S., Accounting, University of Illinois
- Conner’s Cause for Children, Board of Directors