CGS3 Partners Recognized in Legal System’s Preeminent Guide
SAN DIEGO (August 16, 2019) – Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson (CGS3) is proud to announce that six of its partners – Robert “Bob” Bell, Tom Crosbie, Ray Gliner, Phil Jelsma, Dana Schiffman and Craig Swanson – are featured in the in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process.
This is the 13th year Bell has been listed in the Real Estate and Construction Law categories, while Jelsma is featured in the Tax Law portion and Schiffman in the Real Estate Law section for the tenth year. This marks the third year for both Crosbie and Gliner in the Real Estate Law section and the second year Swanson has been recognized in that same category.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-reviewed publication in the legal profession. Because of the exacting methodology involved, the annual ranking is regarded as the industry’s definitive guide to legal excellence. For three decades, Best Lawyers has become a resource for both lawyers and clients looking for top legal talent.
Bell, Crosbie, Gliner, Jelsma, Schiffman and Swanson all have considerable experience in all aspects of commercial real estate and tax law:
- Bell focuses his practice on real estate development/construction, investment and brokerage matters. His career spans the spectrum of real estate development, investment, construction and brokerage matters including multi-family, urban infill, mixed-use, hospitality, industrial, retail, office and land transactions.
- Crosbie has extensive experience in a broad variety of commercial real estate areas, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing and construction in connection with commercial, residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects for local, regional and national real estate developers and investors.
- Gliner has represented landlords in various complex lease provisions, including lease takeover provisions, extensive overlapping expansion and contraction rights, and build-to-suit work letter/construction and related commencement date issues.
- Jelsma is chair of the tax practice team at CGS3. He is widely recognized as one of the state’s leading joint venture and tax attorneys, with a 30-year background in real estate exchange transactions, syndications, nonprofit corporations and international tax planning.
- Schiffman is well versed in a wide range of acquisition, development, leasing and financing matters for a variety of commercial real estate projects. His experience includes large portfolio sales, development agreements, CC&Rs, complex ground leases, build-to-suit leases and anchor retail leases.
- Swanson specializes in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of commercial and mixed-use projects, with clients including some of the nation’s leading real estate companies.
About Best Lawyers
Since 1983, Best Lawyers has compiled lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, Best Lawyers in America is posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3)
Since its inception in 2013, CGS3 has quickly established a reputation as one of the leading real estate law firms in California, attracting some of the state’s finest real estate attorneys from both large corporate firms and senior in-house positions.
With practice areas including land use, finance, acquisition/disposition, entity formation, tax, development, land use, leasing, distressed assets and litigation/disputes, CGS3 is located at 12750 High Bluff Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, California 92130 and 10940 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, California 90024. For more information, visit http://www.cgs3.com.
T: (619) 823-8448