Thriving CGS3 Celebrates Seven-Year Anniversary
Full-Spectrum Commercial Real Estate Law Firm Widely Recognized as Leading Firm
SAN DIEGO – With a roster of top-tier clients, a significant California and national presence and an expanding team of accomplished attorneys, Southern California-based Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) celebrates its seven-year anniversary this month.
Since opening its doors in July 2013, CGS3 has played a key role in some of the region’s most important real estate transactions – from high profile retail leasing deals to complex commercial sales and acquisitions. Now, as CGS3 enters its eighth year, it has earned a reputation as one of California’s leading commercial real estate law firms, with practice areas spanning the full commercial real estate lifecycle – from financing and development to distressed asset workouts and dispute resolution. The firm’s deep bench includes a team of 24 attorneys and seven paralegals, each of whom has BigLaw and/or senior in-house counsel experience.
According to founding partner Sean Southard, CGS3’s consistent success is its collaborative, flexible and egalitarian business model, which allows the team to quickly respond to emerging market trends and clients’ changing needs. “Our forward-thinking approach has always allowed us to adapt quickly to meet rapidly evolving client needs – something that has proved to be essential amid the economic fallout from the coronavirus outbreak,” he said. “In a very short time, we pivoted seamlessly to a new work environment, creating a COVID-19 Legal Task Force to guide our clients’ pandemic response strategies, and mobilizing our Distressed Assets practice – already one of the most active and experienced workout teams in Southern California, having worked out billions of dollars of commercial real estate debt since the firm’s inception.”
Milestones and accolades over the last year include:
- The addition of three new firm partners, Marjorie J. Burchett and Joe von Meier at the San Diego headquarters and Chris Rizza in the Los Angeles office.
- The creation of a COVID-19 Legal Task Force, comprised of multi-disciplined and experienced attorneys dedicated to leading clients in developing comprehensive and proactive response strategies to pandemic-related issues.
- Recognition in Chambers USA Guide 2020. For the sixth consecutive year, CGS3 has been recognized by Chambers & Partners, the preeminent legal research and law firm ranking publisher, as one of the best real estate law firms in California. This distinction is commonly associated with law firms that have much greater headcounts and geographical breadth.
- Key roles in a number of high-profile deals throughout the country – from the negotiation of a full-building, long-term creative office lease in Burbank, CA to an Emmy-winning animation production company to the $125-million sale of a construction technology company’s Massachusetts headquarters.
- Multiple accolades for firm attorneys, including recognition in Super Lawyers, The Daily Transcript’s “Top Influentials” and “Top Influential Women” and Best Lawyers.
About Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3)
CGS3 is a new generation commercial real estate law firm with practice areas covering the full commercial real estate life cycle, including finance, acquisition/disposition, entity formation, tax, development, land use, leasing, distressed asset workouts and dispute resolution. Earning a reputation as one of California’s leading commercial real estate law firms, CGS3 has recruited some of the state’s top real estate attorneys from both large corporate firms and senior in-house positions. CGS3 is located at 12750 High Bluff Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, California 92130 and 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2200, Los Angeles, California 90024. For more information, visit http://www.cgs3.com.
Sydnie Moore (619) 823-8448 / firstname.lastname@example.org