Marjorie brings extensive experience and a "can-do" approach that has seen her clients achieve successes across the full spectrum of real estate development. She understands the intricacies of real estate secured finance construction and permanent loans and purchase and sale and leasing agreement, and can work efficiently to overcome the typical hurdles presented by complex transactions. Her pragmatic approach to deals has made her the preferred advisor for developers, lenders, receivers and individual investors on issues related to all types of planned communities, including large-scale master planned, urban high-rise, mixed-use, and commercial developments. Her practice also specializes in projects requiring approvals from the California Department of Real Estate.
Marjorie is no stranger to the San Diego legal community, having grown her career at Luce Forward and McKenna Long (now Dentons). Immediately prior to joining CGS3, she was a partner in the San Diego offices of Withers Bergman LLP. She has acted as national counsel to institutional investors, providing advice on all aspects of the acquisition, rehabilitation and leasing of their holdings. Additionally, she has a special interest in title insurance matters and has co-authored a CEB treatise on the subject. She is frequently asked to speak on an array of real estate topics and is active in industry groups and committees, and enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience with others for the ultimate benefit of her clients.
Marjorie is actively involved in her community. Her passion for helping improve the lives of the less fortunate leads her to serve in many ways, including her regular summer trips to volunteer at a camp for orphans in Baja California.
- Represented a master developer in collaboration with multiple builders in the creation of a long-term governance structure for a 650-home residential master planned community, including the preparation of CC&Rs and other owners association documents and disclosures for review by the California Department of Real Estate.
- Represented a commercial developer in a mixed-use redevelopment project with residential and agricultural uses.
- Represented the owner of a residential portion of mixed-use historic building in San Francisco in obtaining approvals from the California Department of Real Estate to market and sell condominiums, including preparation of amendments to existing documents and project structure.
- Represented an apartment developer in a mixed-use apartment/townhome community with shared uses, in project structuring, documentation and governmental agency approvals.
- Represented a developer of high-rise residential tower in downtown San Diego to complete mixed-use development involving existing historic building, including documentation of shared use areas and creation of owners association for new tower.
- “Best Lawyers – San Diego,” Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2021-2022)
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine (2021)
- “San Diego’s Top Attorneys 2021,” SD Metro Magazine (2021)
- “Lawyers in Real Estate 2020,” Connect Media (2020)
- “Business Women of the Year”, Finalist, San Diego Business Journal (2020)
- “Influential Women,” The Daily Transcript (2020)
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, San Diego
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), Fellow
- Lambda Alpha International (LAI), San Diego Chapter, Intern Selection Committee
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Board of Directors
- California Building Industry Association (CBIA), Legal Action and DRE Committees
- YMCA San Diego Camps Board of Management, Facilities/Capital Committee and Real Estate Task Force
- Building Industry Association of San Diego (BIA), BRE Committee
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- State Bar of California, Real Estate Property Law Section, Executive Committee, Southern California Real Estate Finance Subsection
- CEB Program Department, Real Property Advisory Committee
- Continuing Education of the Bar, Joint Action Committee Real Property Subcommittee
- KPBS former Chair, Corporate Development Committee and Community Advisory Board
- San Diego Commercial Real Estate Women