A master technician, Brian Kintz makes the most complicated real estate deals manageable. A bright, creative thinker, he is committed to streamlining the way he delivers legal services to better respond to client needs. Brian is approachable, always available to his clients, and amazingly quick in his turnaround of documents.
With over 20 years of experience, Brian focuses his practice on a broad range of commercial real estate deals, including leasing, purchase and sale transactions, ground leases, and financing. His particular emphasis is on representing institutional owners in complex commercial lease transactions involving industrial, retail, office, life science, and mixed-use asset types.
Brian's success in creating greater client value was recognized in 2014 when he was named a "Young Influential" by the San Diego Daily Transcript, and he has been listed as a San Diego Super Lawyer for Real Estate every year since 2015. Prior to joining CGS3, Brian was a member of the real estate transactional group at Allen Matkins in San Diego for 13 years.
- Represented TA Associates Realty as landlord in a single-tenant, 718,000-square-foot full industrial building lease with Ozburn-Hessey Logistics as tenant.
- Represented the landlord in the initial lease-up of a 100,000-square-foot, ground-up big-box shopping center consisting of national brand name tenants including Ross Dress for Less, Rue 21, Big 5, TJ Maxx, Vitamin Shoppe and Ulta Beauty.
- Represented Hines as landlord in a single-tenant, 420,000-square-foot, build-to-suit full office building lease with LPL Financial as tenant.
- Represented the landlord in the initial lease-up of a 135,000-square-foot, ground-up outlet mall at the US-Mexico border comprised of well-known national tenants including H&M, Armani Exchange, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Foot Locker, Express, Taco Bell, Carl’s Jr., and Sprint.
- Represented the landlord in a 20-year ground lease for the first Drive Shack location in California.
- San Diego Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2015-2022)
- “CFO of the Year Awards,” Finalist, San Diego Business Journal (2021-2023)
- “Young Influential,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2014)
- J.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2000
- B.A., Government, Cornell University, 1997
- Children’s Dental Health Association of San Diego, Secretary and Board of Directors
- State Bar of California