Fernando Landa named San Diego Real Estate Transactional Top Attorney 2015
According to the San Diego Source, The Transcript conducts a peer voting process to determine the best lawyers in private, corporate, academic and government practice in San Diego County in key categories. The categories have been selected to represent the main areas of law practiced in San Diego County.
Fernando Landa | Crosbie, Gliner, Schiffman, Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3)
Real Estate Transactional Top Attorney 2015
University of San Diego School of Law
- Represented a publicly-traded REIT in the leasing of a multimillion square foot retail portfolio.
- Represented an office landlord in the leasing and management of a premiere office portfolio located throughout Southern California.
- Represented a receiver in a $100 million distressed hotel portfolio sale owned by a family trust and closed the sale after litigating the legal objections to the sale by several trust beneficiaries.
- Represented an office landlord in the leasing of a multimillion square foot office portfolio located throughout the country.
- Represented a developer in entitling a mixed-use high-rise in San Diego.
- Represented a hotel company in acquiring various hotels across the country.
Fernando Landa specializes in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of hospitality, office, industrial, retail, apartment and mixed-use properties. He counsels investors, developers and lenders throughout the commercial real estate life cycle from acquisitions, entitlements and construction to leasing, management and disposition.
In 2013, Landa joined CGS3 as its seventh partner where he is helping build a lean, client-centric, commercial real estate boutique law firm. Prior to joining CGS3, Landa practiced at Allen Matkins and was the General Counsel of Trigild, a real estate services firm with offices nationwide. Landa started his legal career at Hecht Solberg.
Landa is actively involved in many professional and civic organizations. He is currently a Board Member of the San Diego Building Industry Association BuildSD Political Action Committee, the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) Developing Leaders Board and the San Diego Receiver’s Forum. He also has served on the boards of the Voices for Children Young Professionals Group, the Building Industry Association Political Action Committee, the Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate Young Executives Council, and the Centre City Advisory Committee. In addition, he regularly mentors students at the University of San Diego and raises funds for the Ocean Preservation Society.
As published in July 29, 2015 edition of San Diego Source, Daily Transcript.