CGS3 Celebrates First Anniversary with Client Success
Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP marks its first anniversary by celebrating the success of its clients
July 8, 2014 (San Diego, CA) – Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) celebrates its one-year anniversary this week by reflecting on the successes that it has helped its clients achieve and preparing for a move that will more than double its Del Mar office space to accommodate the growth it has experienced.
Founded by five former Allen Matkins partners, the firm is at the forefront of a growing trend of experienced “Big Law” attorneys who have started their own firms. In the case of CGS3, the inflexibility and inherent inefficiencies of the large firm environment inspired the founding partners to create a new law firm business model aimed at delivering high quality, sophisticated legal services with exceptionally skilled lawyers, but at rates that make good business sense to its clients.
Since launching, CGS3 has more than doubled the number attorneys and is adding new partners and attorneys in the coming weeks and months. All of the new attorneys are exceptionally skilled and have similar “Big Law” experience. Moreover, all new CGS3 attorneys complement the firm’s commercial real estate practice, creating a “one-stop shop” for commercial real estate companies.
“The response we’ve had from our attorney peers and the broader commercial real estate industry that makes up our client base has been overwhelmingly positive,” said CGS3 partner Sean Southard. “But by far the most rewarding part of this experience has been the opportunity to continue, and in most cases to actually expand, our work with sophisticated clients that trust us to handle their most complex matters in California and around the country.”
In the first 12-months of operation alone, CGS3 has earned the trust of a marquee list of institutional, regional and national players in the commercial real estate sector and successfully handled dozens of high-profile and complex transactions, including the representation of:
- Cisterra in drafting and negotiating the construction, design, financing and lease documents for Sempra Energy’s new $180-million downtown San Diego headquarters.
- TA Associates Realty in drafting and negotiating a 718,025 square foot, single tenant, full-building lease for warehouse, distribution and office uses in Rialto, California.
- Westfield LLC in numerous regional mall redevelopments nationwide, including Valley Fair in San Jose, and UTC, Horton Plaza, North County and Plaza Camino Real in San Diego County.
- Lucky Dragon Casino in negotiating the construction contracts and energy services agreements in connection with a $115-million, Las Vegas strip hotel and casino project, which will include 200 rooms and 65,000-square feet of gaming space, restaurants and retail shops.
- Westcore Properties in its disposition of the Waipo Business Center in Hawaii.
- Trigild Incorporated in a $100,000,000 disposition of a hotel portfolio in receivership with a myriad of issues creating distress for these properties located throughout California.
- Arden Realty in connection with a lease to the Boeing Company for a 160,000 square feet multi-building corporate campus in Bothell, Washington.
Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) helps clients close deals without sacrificing their legal interests, business relationships or the bottom line. CGS3 is located at 12750 High Bluff Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92130. For more information visit www.cgs3.com.