Michael Rivera is known for his commitment to helping his clients achieve their goals by providing pragmatic strategies, including those of an economic nature. As former in-house counsel, he combines his business acumen with a comprehensive legal skill set that gives him a unique advantage in maximizing client objectives and closing transactions timely and effectively. He brings his passion and commitment to excellence and problem-solving to every deal, providing his clients with the highest level of service.
For over a decade, Michael has served as counsel for substantial commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of vacant land, retail, office and industrial projects. In addition, he is a licensed real estate broker in California. Having been on all sides of real estate transactions, he has represented some of the nation's most recognized developers, users, and landlords and tenants in the full panoply of real estate transactional law.
Prior to joining CGS3, Michael was a shareholder with Gresham Savage's transaction group where he focused his practice on leading his clients' efforts in the acquisition, development and leasing of commercial real property. Prior to private practice, he learned the tenant side of deals as a senior in-house counsel at a well-known national restaurant company and the landlord side of deals as in-house counsel at a full-service real estate development firm. Michael has been the trusted real estate lawyer for one of the world’s largest retailers and a U.S. based mining company with holdings world-wide.
- Represented one of the world’s largest U.S.-based mining company in sale of 16 acres of land in San Bernardino County and in sale of 89 acres of land in Los Angeles County for a total price exceeding $200 million.
- Represented large rail transport company in purchase of 29 acres of land in San Bernardino County and in purchase of 40 acres of land in San Bernardino County for a total price exceeding $90 million.
- Represented one of the largest retailers in the U.S. in multiple leases on the West Coast ranging in size from 30,000 square feet to 100,000 square feet.
- Representing international company in purchase of land for development in Perris, CA in excess of $102 million.
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
- B.A., UCLA
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker
- Inland Action, Chair of Economic Development Committee
- Making Hope Happen Foundation, Board of Directors
- State Bar of California
- Dignity Health Inland Empire Foundation, Board of Directors
- Arrowhead United Way, Past Chair and Board of Directors