Jamie Buggy has an in-depth understanding of litigation and leverages her knowledge and no-nonsense attitude to achieve successful results. She works hard to understand her clients' business objectives, and to ensure that a careful legal strategy is aligned with core business goals. Her approach embraces non-litigation alternatives whenever possible, as she recognizes that avoiding litigation may be in the client's best interest. Nonetheless, when litigation proves necessary, she is a fierce, unrelenting advocate for her clients.
Jamie represents business owners and individuals in all types of real estate disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, insurance coverage, partnership disputes and breach of fiduciary duty. She specializes in complex business disputes and thrives when the situation at hand lacks precedent and requires an out-of-the-box approach and entrepreneurial attitude. Her experience also includes serving both creditors and debtors in bankruptcy matters, guiding them through the complicated process to a favorable outcome.
Prior to joining CGS3, Jamie practiced at Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP. She also served as judicial law clerk to The Honorable William C. Hillman of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts in Boston. Outside of the law, Jamie serves her community via charitable work including tenures on the boards of Home Start, which aims to strengthen families and prevent child abuse, and the Veterans Research Alliance, which raises money to fund innovative medical research for veteran. Both causes remain close to her heart.
- Successfully represented countless landlords in recovering possession of commercial premises and payment of rent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Obtained settlement at insurance policy limits for landlord whose commercial premises were destroyed by fire, in the face of insurance company’s improper denial of coverage.
- Defended business owner in partnership dispute, including prevailing on anti-SLAPP motion obtaining partial dismissal of complaint and defending against appeal of anti-SLAPP ruling before the California Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals partially affirmed the lower court’s decision in our client’s favor.
- Successfully defended real estate developer in partnership dispute related to hotel development, resolving case through a settlement for 6% of the demand.
- “Rising Stars,” San Diego Super Lawyers (2021)
- “40 Next Top Business Leaders Under 40,” Finalist, San Diego Business Journal (2020)
- “Forty Under Forty,” SD Metro Magazine (2020)
- “Top 40 Under 40,” The Daily Transcript (2017, 2019-2020)
- “Volunteer of the Month,” San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program (April 2016)
- Best Brief Award & Oral Advocacy Semifinalist, Duberstein National Moot Court Competition (2011)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence Recipient (2011)
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Southern California
- Veterans Research Alliance, Vice President
- Home Start, Board of Directors