Fernando Landa is a business-savvy commercial real estate attorney who has been recognized for his results-oriented approach to the practice of law. As a former General Counsel, Fernando uniquely understands the client's perspective, and that insight guides his approach to solving complex business and legal problems in an efficient manner.
Fernando specializes in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate assets. Focusing on transactional real estate matters, Fernando has represented a variety of institutional and entrepreneurial owners and lenders in the financing, leasing, purchase and sale of hotels, office, industrial, retail, and mixed-use developments throughout the country. Fernando possesses a unique expertise in distressed real estate workouts and the sale of commercial real estate assets through the judicial process.
Prior to helping build CGS3, Fernando practiced law at Allen Matkins and was General Counsel of Trigild, where he gained invaluable insight on being a client. Fernando is actively engaged in the real estate community, having served on the boards of National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (San Diego Chapter), the Building Industry Association of San Diego's Political Action Committee, the California Receiver's Forum and the BuildSD Political Action Committee.
- Represents one of the nation’s leading public REITs in a wide variety of transactional matters.
- Oversees CGS3’s litigation team in unlawful detainer matters.
- Represents an institutional-grade investment company in the acquisition, disposition and financing of Class-A apartment buildings and shopping centers throughout California and Oregon.
- Represents a private equity fund manager in the leasing and administration of office and retail portfolios spread across the country.
- Represents a developer of numerous five-star and four-star resorts in Southern California.
- Represents a leading national receivership company in distressed real estate workouts across the country.
- “Leaders in Law,” Finalist, San Diego Business Journal (2020)
- San Diego Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2019-2020)
- Rising Stars, San Diego Super Lawyers (2016-2018)
- “San Diego’s Top 40 Under 40,” SD Metro Magazine (2011, 2015, 2017)
- “40 Under 40,” The Daily Transcript (2016)
- “Top Attorney,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2015)
- “Morning Star Award” Recipient, State Bar of California, Real Property Section (2014)
- “REXIE Office Transaction of the Year” Recipient (representation of Trigild in a 207,000-square-foot office lease), NAIOP Inland Empire (2012)
- “Top Corporate Counsel,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2011)
- “Associate of the Year,” San Diego Building Industry Association (2010)
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- M.S.R.E., University of San Diego
- B.A., History and Political Science, University of Pennsylvania
- California Receivers Forum, President, San Diego Chapter (2018-2021)
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter, Board of Directors (2018-2021)
- Building Industry Association of San Diego County