Exceptionally meticulous and thorough, Eoin (pronounced "Owen") Gubbins is a creative thinker known for his conscientious approach and unwavering technical knowledge – a powerful combination. His broad-based experience includes documenting transactions across all real estate asset classes with over 14 years representing publicly traded REITs, large developers and smaller property owners. Eoin prides himself on his no-nonsense approach and bringing to bear his intimate market knowledge to help his clients achieve their short-term and long-term objectives.
Eoin’s expertise includes negotiating and documenting complex purchase and sale agreements, leases covering all asset types and advising clients on day-to-day real estate management issues and strategies. His leasing experience is extensive, having acted as lead leasing counsel on several high-profile transactions in both San Diego and Los Angeles Counties. With a focus on the Western United States, Eoin has also represented a wide variety of retail and office tenants and purchasers of commercial real property.
In addition to his transactional experience, Eoin has extensive land use expertise. Having represented a variety of developers and commercial property owners, he has appeared before various public bodies and agencies on a range of issues (including advocating for legislative changes, processing of permits and successfully resolving housing/rent control issues). Eoin has also counseled clients on land use regulations – including spearheading extensive due diligence investigations, devising creative strategies for obtaining local entitlements and navigating compliance with a variety of complex local and state laws.
A native of Ireland, Eoin embarked on his career stateside after being awarded a prestigious scholarship to extern at the Federal District Court for the Central District of California. Prior to joining CGS3, Eoin focused on commercial real estate transactions as a member of the real estate group at Allen Matkins' Century City office, and spent over four years with Santa Monica-based Harding Larmore Kutcher & Kozal, LLP where he honed his land use expertise.
- Represented an affiliate of GPI Companies in the negotiation of a full-building, long-term creative office lease in Burbank, California to the Emmy-winning animation production company, Titmouse, Inc. The lease was for more than 94,000 square feet – one of the largest lease transactions in Burbank in recent years. The transaction represented a major milestone for the city of Burbank, underscoring it as a major talent hub.
- Represented an affiliate of Vintage Capital Group in the sale of Southlake Mall in Morrow, Georgia to New York-based CityView Commercial LLC. The two-story, 100-acre shopping destination is located at 1000 Southlake Circle, just 14 miles south of downtown Atlanta, and boasts more than one million square feet of gross leasable space.
- Represents a prominent nationwide owner and developer of real estate in the leasing of several industrial buildings to publicly traded companies in various submarkets throughout the United States.
- Represented a land banker in the acquisition, financing and development of more than $200 million worth of residential land.
- Represented a prominent Los Angeles-based property owner in the sale of a ground lease interest in a well-known Los Angeles-area office building.
- “Leaders in Law,” Nominee, Los Angeles Business Journal (2020)
- LL.M., University of Dublin, Trinity College School of Law, summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Limerick School of Law, summa cum laude
- New York
- Irish American Bar Association