David Alvarado epitomizes CGS3's common sense, street-smart approach to getting sophisticated deals done. He is an adept and versatile lawyer who is passionate about helping clients capitalize on opportunities. He continues to be the go-to lawyer for several of Southern California’s leading real estate companies due to his ability to solve problems, maximize negotiating leverage, build momentum, grow relationships, and timely and effectively close transactions.
David's practice focuses on purchase and sale, debt and equity financing, development, construction, and leasing transactions. His broad-based experience spans all asset classes and property types, from retail and residential to office, industrial and raw land. David also advises clients regarding day-to-day operational matters and property management issues.
David has been the lead attorney on major development projects with a total aggregate consideration of well over $1 billion and has also worked on real property acquisition and disposition contracts with a total aggregate consideration of more than $5 billion. In addition, he has achieved great success for both landlords and tenants with the completion of lease transactions covering millions of square feet.
David gives seminars to real estate professionals and graduate students on a variety of legal issues and has lectured on real estate law topics at USC, UCLA, and Loyola Marymount University. After beginning his legal career as a tax associate at Deloitte, David joined the real estate department of Allen Matkins and later became a partner at Elkins Kalt Weintraub Reuben Gartside LLP.
- Represented a well-known national REIT in the development and construction of a new 16-story office building and curtainwall over the Washington State Convention Center podium in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented Hearthstone, America’s preeminent investor in residential real estate development, in the negotiation of a purchase and sale agreement, option and development agreement, joint venture documents and loan documents relating to a $135-million land banking transaction in Irvine, California.
- Represented an international energy drink manufacturer in the $50-million ground-up development of a new distribution center in Glendale, Arizona.
- Represented Williams Homes in the formation of two joint venture LLCs to acquire and construct single-family homes in Southern California, including preparation of the related PPM and Subscription Agreements.
- Represented buyer in the $99-million acquisition of the Mr. C Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
- “Leaders in Law,” Firm Attorney Nominee, Los Angeles Business Journal (2019)
- Rising Stars, Southern California Super Lawyers (2014-2016)
- “Tomorrow’s Leaders in Southern California,” Real Estate Forum (2015)
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
- B.A., California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, summa cum laude